Post-doc call of the SFB 65 "Taming Complexity in Partial Differential Systems" - Privacy and Data Protection Policy
For the current post-doc call of the SFB 65 (description at this link, application form at this link)
the University of Vienna(Universitätsring 1, 1010, Vienna)
is the contracting authority, that is, the party responsible for data processing as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In accordance with the data requirements for the party responsible, we kindly ask you to take note of the information below.
The purpose of data processing is as follows:
collecting application documents for open positions.
responsible for treatmentof your personal data for the current call is Prof. Ulisse Stefanelli (tel: +43-1-4277-50799, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact person: Dr. Matteo Tommasini (tel: +43-1-4277-50719, email: email@example.com).
You can contact the
data protection officersat the University of Vienna at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Vienna will process the following categories of personal data in the course of the current data processing:
- first and last name;
- email address;
- personal website (if provided);
- date of birth;
- information on Diploma (BSc), Master (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) degrees (if available);
- any other information that you deem appropriate to submit for supporting your application, including any personal information provided in motivation letters, CV and other uploaded documents;
- log data containing only a unique identifier (see below) and the time and date when you started your online application and when you completed it.
For the unique purpose of filling the online application, a unique set of identifiers for each application is generated and used during the interaction of each applicant with the online form, and for proving that the user has access to the email provided during application (in order to complete the submission procedure). This set of identifiers is only used in the course of the submission procedure and for storing applications, and not to track the applicant anywhere on the SFB website or on external websites.
Legal basis for processing:
consent from the person concerned. Should the provision of personal data for this data processing be required by law, by contract or for the conclusion of a contract, your failure to provide the data may result in the University of Vienna not being able to meet its obligations to you.
Your data will be shared with the following people at the University of Vienna:
- Ulisse Stefanelli;Matteo Tommasini.Your data will also be shared with the following recipients outside the University of Vienna:
- Ansgar Jüngel (TU Wien).Data are shared with the aforementioned recipients since these people fall in one or many of the following categories:
- speaker of the SFB 65;scientific manager of the SFB 65;SFB members who advertized some of the positions of the present call.Your data will not be forwarded to any third country (EU or EEA overseas) nor any international organization.
The personal data (as well as the set of unique identifiers mentioned above) will be stored for a maximum period of4 months after the deadline of the application. After this period of time, we will retain only aggregated information about gender and nationality of the applicants for reporting purposes.
As a person affected by data processing, you have the right to the following services from the University of Vienna concerning your data:
- data transferability;
- termination of further processing, if the legal basis for processing is a prevailing legitimate interests on the part of the contracting authority or the data is processed for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical uses.
You also have the opportunity to withdraw consent given for data processing at any time without providing reasons. Finally, you have the opportunity to lodge a complaint with the Austrian Data Protection Authority (www.data-protection-authority.gv.at/) concerning any data processing that was, in your opinion, not authorized.
This data protection declaration is also available as pdf file at this link.
This data protection declaration was published on01.12.2021(date of the publication of the call) and not further updated until now.